Migratory Liquid Corrosion Inhibitor
- Corrotech CI 2005 is a liquid concrete admixture for steel protection, to be added into concrete. Corrotech CI 2005 can be added to the plastisicing additive or to water. Corrotech CI 2005 can also be used in repair mortars and grouts.
- Corrotech CI 2005 is composed of efficient patented corrosion inhibitors, combined with polyfunctional agents and a phosphonic combination made of amine salts, which increases corrosion inhibition properties.
- Corrotech CI 2005 protects steel by a well-proven, patented, migratory inhibition function. When used in fresh concrete mixes, Corrotech CI 2005 will seek out and form a corrosion inhibiting protective layer on metals. When used with cementitious repair mortars and grouts, Corrotech CI 2005 will migrate and reach undisturbed parent concrete, providing efficient corrosion protection to rebars which are already in place. Unique feature of Corrotech CI 2005 is that the inhibitor will migrate a considerable distance through concrete to provide protection and will stop further corrosion of reinforcing metals.
- Corrotech CI 2005 increases life of all reinforced concrete structures.
- Effectively protects against corrosion. Will even migrate into the densest of concrete and to adjoining areas to protect surrounding metal elements & provides efficient protection against carbonation and attack by atmospheric gases such as CO2, SO2, Cl and so on.
- Can be used in conjunction with other admixtures.
- Water based, organic and non-flammable, therefore safe and user friendly.
- Does not contain any calcium nitrite.
- Concentrated version. Lesser downtime for mixing and definitely reduced logistical / storage requirements.
Corrotech CI 2005 is recommended for:
- All reinforced concrete used in foundations, ground floors, split slabs, car decks, inverted roofs, basements, undergound tunnels, etc.
- All reinforced precast, pre-stressed, post-tensioned or marine concrete structures.
- Concrete substructures in marine environment/splash zones, water reservoirs, swimming pools.
- Pre-cast and all steel reinforced concrete structures exposed to de-icing salts and corrosive environment such as carbonation and atmospheric attack.
- Industrial concrete structures with sulphur vapor.
- Concrete mixed with chlorine water.
- Cooling towers, plant & factory floors subject to chemical and/or acid attack.
- Preventive maintenance, restoration, and repair of all reinforced concrete structures, when utilizing proprietary repair mortars.